2nd Annual CPN Conference in the Philippines, July 2005
This conference focused on answering 5 questions about Catholic peacebuilding in Mindanao:
- What is the distinctively Catholic contribution to peacebuilding?
- What are the challenges/lessons learned (“best practices”) related to these activities?
- What is the impact on the wider search for peace and how do we know it?
- What new programs might be considered?
- How can a Catholic Peacebuilding Network help support Catholic peacebuilding in Mindanao?
To read an article about this conference, see Mindanao provides model for peacemaking by Bishop Emeritus John S. Cummins, published in The Catholic Voice, Volume 43, No. 15, 2005, and Catholic News Service, Peace workers say involving local communities key to ending conflict.