3rd Annual CPN Conference in Burundi, July 2006
In an effort to improve international understanding of and support for the Churchâs peacebuilding efforts in the Great Lakes region, CPN held its 3rd Annual Conference in Burundi. It focused on the following questions:
- What characteristics of Catholic theology and ethics inform the Churchâs peacebuilding initiatives, and to what extent are they distinctively Catholic?
- What are the challenges and lessons learned (“best practices”) related to the Churchâs peacebuilding activities?
- What is the impact of these activities on the wider search for peace and how do we know it?
- What new peacebuilding programs might be considered?
- How can the Church in other parts of the world help support the peacebuilding of the Church in the Great Lakes region?
Here are remarks made by Most Reverend Paul Gallagher, Apostolic Nuncio in Burundi.