The Pope and the Bomb #PopeInUS
Will the Pope discuss nuclear disarmament during his U.S. visit? A Catholic bishop, a U.S. Senator, a scholar, and a journalist discuss the current state of nuclear weapons and nonproliferation, including the moral dimensions and policy implications.
Learn more and watch the video here.
In anticipation of Pope Francis’s visit to the United States, “The Pope and the Bomb: New Nuclear Dangers and Moral Dilemmas” took place at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 17.
The event featured:
Bishop Oscar Cantú
Chairman, Committee on International Justice & Peace, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
Senator Sam Nunn
Co-Chairman and CEO, Nuclear Threat Initiative
Maryann Cusimano Love
Associate Professor of International Relations, The Catholic University of America
E.J. Dionne, Jr., Opinion Writer, The Washington Post, Moderator
- Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame
- Nuclear Threat Initiative
- Office of International Justice and Peace, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs, Georgetown University
- The Jesuit Institute at Boston College
- Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies, The Catholic University of America