The Conference of Catholic Bishops of Burundi released a four-page message on September 16, 2015, which was to be read in all parishes the following Sunday.
The statement is entitled “Appeal to Burundians to build together a bright future for their country: ‘Justice will produce peace, and the law, perpetual security’ (Is 32:17).”
This statement continues a series of messages the Bishops have released in the past year leading up to the elections, as the political conflict and violence have developed and intensified. Read them here, beginning with the most recent:
- Communique #3, Persevere in Prayer for Peace for our Country, May 26, 2015 (French text)
- Communique #2, Dialogue and Cooperation Lead to Sustainable Solutions, May 12, 2015 (French text)
- Communique #1, In Preparation for the Elections, May 5, 2015 (English text; French text, French text [pdf])
- Message #2, Preparing Elections in Order to Promote Peace and Reconciliation, March 6, 2015 (French text)
- Message on the Elections: Preparing for Our Elections in Serenity and Truth, December 5, 2014 (French text)